The Types of Florida Car Titles
When buying or selling a vehicle in the state of Florida, there are several things to consider like the model, registration, and, of course, the title for the car. A car title is a legal document that serves as proof of ownership for a vehicle. It contains important information about the vehicle, such as its make, model, year, and vehicle identification number (VIN). The title also lists the names and addresses of the current and previous owners of the vehicle.
The title is typically issued by the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles department and is required for registering and insuring a vehicle. When a vehicle is sold, the title must be transferred to the new owner, and the new owner must update the registration and insurance accordingly. Now, for each type of title, there is a specific purpose and set of requirements that must be fulfilled and we’ve broken them down for you!
1. Regular Title: This is the most common type of car title and is issued for vehicles that are used for personal transportation. It is required for any vehicle that is driven on Florida roads and is used to register and insure the vehicle.
2. Salvage Title: This type of title is issued for a vehicle that has been declared a total loss by an insurance company. The vehicle must be inspected by the Florida Highway Patrol before a salvage title can be issued.
3. Rebuilt Title: This type of title is issued for a vehicle that was previously declared a total loss, but has been rebuilt and is now safe to drive. A rebuilt title is required for any vehicle that was previously declared a total loss and is now being driven on Florida roads.
4. Bonded Title: A Bonded Title is a title that is issued to a vehicle that does not have a clear title, but the owner can prove that they are the rightful owner. This type of title is typically used for vehicles that were purchased from another state or from a private individual.
5. Manufacturer's Statement of Origin: This type of title is issued for new vehicles that are being sold by a manufacturer or dealer. It is used to transfer ownership of the vehicle from the manufacturer or dealer to the new owner.
It's important to understand the different types of car titles and the requirements for each when buying or selling a vehicle in Florida. This will help you avoid any stress or obstacle with registering your car and ensure that the process goes smoothly. Your car title should also be kept in a safe place as it serves as a legal document that proves ownership of the vehicle, and it is required for any future transactions such as selling the vehicle or transferring ownership.
Do note that some of the above titles may have additional requirements like paying taxes, passing inspections, and so on. At Auto Tags, we help you verify and ensure that all necessary documentation is in order so you can get your car title as fast and as stress-free as possible.
Auto Tags of Oakland Park is your best choice service provider to get your car assessed for the right title - contact us to get your car title in Florida! There’s no point in wasting your time at the Oakland Park DMV when you can stop by Oakland Park Auto Tags today. We offer everything you need when it comes to Oakland Park tag renewals and Oakland Park tag and title services. We are a premier Oakland Park tag agency. Stop by today, give us a call, or check out our website. We also have an online renewals page here.
Check out these articles to learn more about the different types of titles in Florida: